New Year Resolution
Happy New Year everyone !
So happy, grateful and excited at the same time.
Congratulations you made it.
It is a new year filled with new opportunities and goodies. Stop brooding over the errors and failures of the past year. Let the past stay in the past where it belongs. Embrace a whole new world of possibilities. It is a fresh new slate to write up new things. New hopes, new dreams - bigger and better.
Many people sincerely make 'new year' resolutions with the very best of intentions, but unfortunately along the line they revert to 'status quo'. They just carry on with life as usual.
In the new year, you have to purpose to be very intentional about your life and how you live it. Stay strong and committed to the goals you have set.
Below I listed ten things to do to help you stay committed to your resolutions.
1) Write down the list of things you want to achieve in a journal. I love journals. I keep loads of them. This is because they help you keep track of events in an exciting way especially if you have really colourful ones as I do.
2) Identify ways you intend to achieve these goals. Make sure your goals are realistic and achievable.
3) Set for yourself a timeline. Do not just keep it open because this helps to keep you on your toes so that you remain accountable and true to yourself. Take one goal at a time and achieve it within a specific time frame. Focus like a laser.
4) Manage your time well. Avoid any unnecessary distractions that waste your time. No to bingeing on TV shows. You can watch at your leisure time, but do not binge! Do not sacrifice your productive time or sleep time for social media or any other related activities.
5) When you have set your goals, do not give excuses. Adopt the Nike slogan : "Just do it". Work hard to see your goals materialize.
6) Celebrate little victories. Reward yourself when you are able to achieve your goals for the week.
7) Read at least a book per month. Expand your mind. Readers are leaders. According to Dr Ben Carson, "Reading activates and exercises the mind. Reading pushes us to use our imagination and makes us more creatively inclined.”
8) Make new friends that inspire you to be the best version of yourself. Friends that add substance to your life. Not friends that all you do is gossip and talk about the latest fashion trend.
9) Make sure to stay healthy by eating right and exercising regularly. Health is wealth. Avoid junks, stay fit, drink lots of water, eat fresh fruits and vegetables, avoid smoking and drinking of alcohol.
10) Plan your vacation. Do not joke with your leave. It helps you to stay revitalized to achieve even greater feats. Do not attempt to take time off work to do more work, rather take time off work to relax and give yourself some rest. Remember, that you are not a 'machine'!
Welcome once again to the new year,Year 2018. I wish you all the very best.
Stay healthy, make healthy choices and stay strong.
"So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then , when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable."
- Christopher Reeve.
Contact me via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow me on instagram : funmifolaranmi