Lessons Learnt From the Year 2020
I know this year 2020 has been a year like no other. It is the year of the Pandemic. We have experienced a lot of dimensions to this pandemic. A lot has happened. A lot of tears have been shed. A lot of pain have been endured across the globe this year. I am not sure any dolorimeter has been designed to cater to the immense measure of pain 2020 has spewn on earth. Many have lost their sources of livelihood. Many have lost their homes. Many have lost their dignity. Many have gone hungry. Many have lost their marriages. Many have lost their lives. It is almost too much. However, you made it up to this point! There is still hope. There is covid vaccine now available which is also reported to be quite effective. The vaccine has been described as "A Ray of Hope". Some call it "A Shot of Hope". Wait for and wait on this hope. We know that hope is that ability to chose to see light despite all the darkness.
I know you had high hopes for this year. Big dreams, dazzling visions on our vision boards. However, this year made us cry, a lot. It toughed us. It separated us. It broke us. It stole our smiles. It stole jobs. It stole the brightest minds. It stole the warmest of hearts. It rendered many homeless. It rendered many hungry. It tossed us to and fro with the winds, but it did not destroy us because we have hope. Therefore, because we have hope, we are assured of a fact that the darkness will lift. The flowers will bloom again and again we will flourish. Again, we will see each other’s smiles again. Gradually laughter and joy will paint the canvas of our world in a rainbow of colors.
Let us not be quick to forget the lessons the year 2020 taught us.
1) Choose a vocation that will survive a pandemic. I know life is unpredictable and sometimes life just happens to the best of us. Just make sure that whatever you choose to do with your life, make sure it will stand a "pandemic test".
2) Choose a spouse you will be happy to be stuck with in a pandemic. Many marriages ended in divorce as a result of this pandemic. Some of the reasons include lack of commitment and infidelity. Another major reason is because of problems with money. When you can't take care of your survival needs , the rest of the relationship is bound to fail.
3) Remember that the year 2020 taught us what really matters in life - our genuine connections ( with family and friends)
4) It taught us that sometimes, when you love someone, you make hard choices for them. Remember how we had to stay home at the beginning in the process of flattening the curve. Many health care professionals had to stay away from their loved ones.
5) It is good to plan but it was a stark reminder that man proposes but God disposes. Life is vanity upon vanity. However, Still have plans, but place it all in God’s hands
6) The importance of saving for the rainy day. It taught us the value of securing the financial future of our families
7) Never invest so much in make up. What is the point? You barely touched your make-up this year and you are fine. Embrace more of your natural self.
This year, our creative juices flowed in ways we could not have imagined.
We learnt a lot about life, about ourselves and about corona virus.
We adapted. We changed. We grew. We evolved. That is good.
There is light at the end of the tunnel.
Post a Comment